About Dr. Lina Thakar
Dr. (Vaidya) Lina Thakar, B.A.M.S
Ayurveda Doctor (Holistic & Integrative Wellness Specialist), Speaker & Author
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF AYURVEDA CLINICAL INTEGRATIVE WELLNESS PRACTICE IN USA
Dr. Lina Thakar runs a successful natural (holistic) Super -Specialty Ayurveda Institute in Pittsburgh PA USA
Integrative Wellness & Healing Program offering Ayurvedic (holistic) nutrition, the most advanced Panchakarma program, AyuLina herb support. The institute also offers educational opportunities.
***Ayurveda is not a licensed medicine program. Dr (Vaidya) Lina is NOT a medical doctor. Dr. (Vaidya) Lina does not practice medicine.
MEET DR. LINA THAKAR, AYURVEDA DOCTOR, HEALER, SPEAKER & AUTHOR
Ayurveda Doctor Speaker on 'LifExtension In 3'
- Founder: Super-Specialty Ayurveda Institute, Pittsburgh PA USA
- Ayurveda Physician (Vaidya) , Integrative / Holistic Healer
- Integrative Clinical Panchakarma Specialist & Ayurvedic Nutritionist
- A Wellness Provider for Integrated Medicine Program at Allegheny General Hospital
- A Preferred Provider for UPMC Cancer Center Integrative Oncology program based at the Hillman Cancer Center.
- Ayurveda Provider for 4wholeness.com, Ayurveda for Cancer Care.
- Ayurveda Provider for Integrative Medicine, Pituitary Network Association. (PNA)
- Board Member 2013 -2015: National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA)
- Ayurvedic Endocrinology & Chakra Healing Specialist
- Marma Energy Point Healing (Ayurvedic Pressure points)
- Presented Ayurveda at Frontier’s of Holistic Medicine’ Conference as KEYNOTE SPEAKER at Allegheny General Hospital
- Ayurveda Services presented at Cancer Integrative Wellness Fair, UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.) Read more here
- Integrative Cancer Oncology - Dr. Lina on panel discussion TWICE, January 14th, 2014 & Feb 25th, 2014, Hilman Cancer Center. Read more here
- Presented at NAMA NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2015, PROFESSIONAL FORUM - 'SUCCESSFUL PRACTICES
- Presented at Global Ayurveda Conference 2016, as KEYNOTE SPEAKER - ' Nutrition specifics for Panchakarma in US'
- Presented Ayurveda Global Opportunities, Chief International Guest Speaker - Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Pune INDIA, 2015
- Presented Advanced Vaidya Practice in US, Chief International Guest Speaker - College of Ayurved, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune, INDIA, 2016
- Holistic Healer focusing on 'Primary Prevention and Wellness Program' by Diet, Lifestyle, Detox & Stress Management. (Root cause of imbalance & chronic Conditions)
- 25 years of extensive Ayurvedic Practice & Ayurvedic Teaching.
- Ayurvedic tradition in the family.
- Been offering the remarkable and unique PANCHAKARMA program since 1993.
- Healer's Healer - Many physicians are among Dr. Lina's clients and taking Ayurvedic and Panchakarma therapies from Dr. Lina
Dr. Lina Thakar is an Ayurveda doctor, wellness specialist, mentor, speaker and author who maintains a successful Super-specialty Ayurveda, an advanced integrative wellness and healing practice in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA. Now with her 25 years of experience as a holistic doctor and speaker,
Dr. Lina’s current passion and mission is helping her clients create THE HEALTH WITHIN, so they can live a balanced and quality life they deserve.
Her keen vision and her customized holistic healing approach helps her clients gain clarity they need and overcome obstacles, also conventional chemical/drug dependency that may have caused stuck feeling or loss of hope to get better. Fully focused to achieve results, she is an experienced healer who does whatever it takes in providing natural holistic wellness solutions to guide and support he clients in their healing and live a life of abundance.
2019 New Program
“Dr. Lina Thakar Drastically Improved My Life. Her Three Simple Ayurveda Steps Helped Reverse My Chronic Illness And Reduced My Many Years Of Exhaustion And Pain” T & M
Dr. Lina's Integrative Wellness Practice in Pittsburgh PA
- Dr. Lina’s Ayurveda Healing Approach as Integrated Wellness Program has been extensively recognized, appreciated and welcomed by Western Medicine.
- Dr. Lina has studied western medicine as part of her education in Ayurveda and worked extensively with many physicians in India. She continues to work with doctors in USA as well, to provide best integrated health care for all medical conditions to help prevent, reduce and reverse imbalances.
- Ayurveda Services by Dr. Lina on Hospital featured services under integrated medicine program.
- Many physicians are taking Ayurvedic treatments at Dr. Lina’s Ayurveda Center in Pittsburgh and referring the program to their patients . Read physicians’ testimonials here
2018: CELEBRATING 14+ YEARS ADVANCED AYURVEDA CLINICAL WELLNESS PRACTICE (TOTAL 25 YEARS) IN PITTSBURGH, PA USA
Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) - 1992, Pune University; Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, one of the oldest Ayurvedic colleges in the world. Studied under (Vaidya) Vilas Nanal, a 4th generation Ayurveda Physician since first year of BAMS 1987 and continued the teacher -disciple relationship until his sad demise (September 2014). Ayurveda Program in India included training in ‘modern medicine’ and Dr Thakar worked with many Indian physicians in providing Ayurvedic programs for patients.
Ayurvedic Practitioner - Pune, Maharashtra (India): January 1993 - January 2003. Practiced andprovided the gift of healing to thousands of men, women, and children by balancing, rejuvenating, and healing mind and body systems as well as complementing treatments offered by conventional medical doctors.
Ayurvedic Practitioner – Pittsburgh, PA (USA): 2005 – present. In addition to her office based private practice, Dr. Thakar has offered ayurvedic services, lectures and counseling at various renowned institutes in Pittsburgh such as the Himalayan Institute of Pittsburgh, Yoga On Center (2005-2007) and the Nuin Center (2008) in the Highland Park neighborhood and many more institutes and corporate companies.
Ayurvedic Nutritionist – In addition to her ayurvedic nutritional expertise, Dr Thakar completed 72 credits in conventional Nutrition at local community college.
The scope of 'Ayurveda Wellness' in USA
Please note the scope of Dr. Vaidya Lina's work, as HOLISTIC HEALER involves recommendations on diet, lifestyle, detox (through oil application therapies) and stress management tools such as yoga and meditation as form of PRIMARY PREVENTION & Also develop integrative approach to health care to potentially reduce/reverse chronic imbalanced and promote Well -being. (Diet, Lifestyle and stress are root causes of imbalance and chronic conditions)
Ayurveda Doctor - The Highest Recognized Credential in Ayurveda Practice
Dr. Lina is a professional member of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) and meets the currently established NAMA criteria for education and experience as a Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner (CAP). Dr. Lina Thakar as an Ayurveda Doctor maintains currently the highest recognized credential for Ayurvedic Practitioners in the United States
Dr. Lina believes that "One who enters into the heart of an individual with compassion and light of knowledge and tries to free them from all the physical and psychological problems is a true Ayurvedic physician." Caraka Samhita